Orléans, City of Art and History.
45 minutes from the Parc de La Chesnaie, at the gates of the Loire Valley, Orléans La Royale reveals all its charms to you through its rich heritage.
Twice a thousand years old, Orléans tells its incredible story, through its marvelously enhanced old quarter, its exceptional monuments, its quays bordering the Loire and its remarkable gardens and parks. Not to be missed during your stay in Orléans:
- The Gothic Sainte-Croix Cathedral, built from the 13th to the 19th century and its superb woodwork and stained glass windows.
- The Hôtel Groslot, a magnificent Renaissance building dating from the 16th century.
- La Maison de Jeanne d'Arc, a museum dedicated to Joan of Arc and the lifting of the siege of Orléans.
- The Museum of Fine Arts and its remarkable collections of paintings, sculptures, prints, drawings and works of art ranging from the 15th to the 20th century.
- The Historical and Archaeological Museum of Orleans and its Gallic, Gallo-Roman and medieval treasures.
- The Vel d'Hiv Children's Memorial Museum and its moving testimonies.
- The Parc Floral de la Source, the Jardin des Plantes and the Parc Pasteur.
Every year, at the beginning of May, Orléans celebrates its heroine, Joan of Arc and the liberation of the city, through its Johannic Festivals with medieval events, folk processions and the illumination of its cathedral. And every two years, for five days, Orléans is the meeting place for all lovers of the river navy with its Festival de Loire, the largest European gathering of traditional boats.
BOOK YOUR STAY NEAR PARIS ORLÉANS
The Parc de La Chesnaie, residential leisure park, welcomes you for a short or long stay. Book now your outdoor accommodation in Autruy-sur-Juine near Orélans and Paris. Contact the park by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 02 38 39 39 39 for more information and availability.